I am stuck in some space of, "Wait, we were JUST going out, doing things, congregating just because we wanted to."
So very suddenly everyone and every surface feels suspect. I get the mail and wash my hands. If there's a package, I open it, wash my hands, and only then take the contents out. Then I wash my hands a-fucking-gain. I washed my hands so many times yesterday just dealing with mail - and food packages, because MAYBE they had been touched by someone at the grocery store who has it. I think I might be just plain going overboard with this. I am going to stop myself short from talking about how maybe I have actually been a bit overboard for a lot longer than this whole thing has been going on...eh-hem.
A few years ago I tried cabbage
I think of the future, when we all finally get the go ahead to see each other in the flesh again. I imagine a slow, skeptical collective creep. We won't rush to hug each other. We will not know what reality to trust anymore. We will have waited so long, in confinement, to be set free. In the meantime, our perspectives and perceptions will have altered at an imperceptible rate. The dominoes falling in our fragile psyches - the sound only to be heard in the aftermath.



No comments:
Post a Comment