I found out about a week ago that someone I know has it. She is a sweet vibrant Mom to two young children. That doesn't matter, though. This is a virus, after all. It could give less than a shit about who you are other than if you are host material - and that is all of us.
She has been communicating with the other Moms on FaceBook Messenger.
She has been in bed for days. She went to the doctor. They said they were saving the tests for people "who have underlying conditions." She was diagnosed based on her symptoms. I find myself wondering, morbidly, if they counted her in the daily tally of new cases if they didn't do an official test. Will they count her in the official daily death tally if she dies?
I remember her mentioning a few months ago that their house has mold issues. To me that is an underlying condition that compromises lung health and health in general. Did anyone think to mention it? Would anyone even put any weight on it if it was mentioned?
Tonight she said that the shortness of breath she has been experiencing is getting worse. I urged her to not wait to go to the hospital if it's getting worse. I am scared for her and her children and her husband. I had the thought today that we might all end up knowing someone who has died from this. That made this whole thing that much more real.
In her words:
March 26, 1:56 PM
"Hey guys, I just got back from the doctor, and I do have COVID-19, but luckily it seems to still be a mild case. They're giving me an inhaler. I hope everyone is feeling okay - and definitely don't disregard any mild symptoms! xoxo"
"...So far the other symptoms have been bearable, but last night I started feeling sort of a tightness/pressure/burning feeling in my chest so (her husband) insisted I go to the doctor today. Hope you all are well!"
"...There's a good chance it was from the fateful trip to Target last Wednesday. ππ·"
- Someone asked, "Did they do the swab test or did they diagnose based on symptoms?"-
"Based on symptoms because they're saving the tests for those who have underlying conditions, etc."
March 28, 4:16 PM
-Another Mom in the group updated with, "She said she had had more chest tightness last night but the inhaler had helped some. She was going to focus on getting more rest today."-
7:16 PM
"Yeah, still rather crappy, but resting seems to help. Thank you so much for checking in!! Hope you guys are well.π"
"Earlier (her child) said, 'Oh, it's 3 PM, thank goodness this day is almost over and we can just go to bed soon!' ππ·π"
March 30, 7:22 PM
"I've been in bed the past three days, which seems to help, but, as soon as I get up and move around at all, the chest tightness/shortness of breath comes back.πIt really does take a while, I guess, but will just be grateful if it doesn't get worse. The achiness, headaches, fatigue, etc. I can deal with, but the breathing issues are scary. I feel terrible for the people with severe cases.π"
March 31, 9:31 PM
"The shortness of breath is getting worse unfortunately.π"
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment