I am making some pieces for an art show in July with the group CAFfeine South here in Greenville. The show is entitled Heaven/Hell, and I have decided to make a heaven souvenir shop installation. One of my pieces is a "wish you were here" postcard with an image of "heaven clouds" in the background. I have decided on the image I am going to use, but now I cannot keep my eyes off the sky, searching for amazing combinations of sun peeking through clouds making those crazy shooting rays. Here are just a few of my recent manic cloud/sun gatherings.
There always has to be some dumb Days Inn obstructing the view.
And I forgot how intrusive power lines and traffic lights are until I actually (and finally!) looked up and out at my world and couldn't get a clean shot of the friggin' sky. How disturbing.

I hate that I can't get a nice clear view of the sky, either. Even at night the power lines and distant glowing signs mar everything. However, what you've posted here could work anyway. Those are some great shots!
ReplyDeleteThanks Melissa! And thank you for being the first to comment on my wee baby of a blog!
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog! I LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteon another note....
ReplyDeleteit's kinda cool that the electricity used by us earthy inhabitants doesn't even come close to light in our sky. your photos illustrate the nicely.